ABOUT THE RACE
When does the race begin?
- Walk: 7:00am
- Run: 8:00am
Where does the race begin?
- At Wallace Lake in Berea, OH
What is the distance of this race?
- Half Marathon – 13.1 miles
When does race day registration begin?
- There is NO race day registration or packet pickup.
How can I register for this event?
-There are 3 ways to register
- You can register online; the deadline for online registration is Friday, September 8th at 9am.
- You can also register by mail. Mail-in registrations must be received by Wednesday, September 6th. Send completed forms and checks, made out to “Hermes”, to:
- Hermes Sports & Events
2425 W. 11th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
- Hermes Sports & Events
- Registration can also be completed in person at the packet pickup sites
There will be NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
How much does it cost to participate in this event?
$55 through Monday, April 30th
$65 from Tuesday, May 1st to Saturday, June 30th
$75 from Sunday, July 1st to Friday, August 31st
$80 from Saturday, September 1st to Saturday, September 8th
Is it safe to register online with my credit card?
- Yes, Hermes Sports & Events has partnered with RunSignUp, who is a leader in online registration. It is safe and secure and they can guarantee that your information will be safe. There is a small processing fee when registering online.
Is there a processing fee for registering online?
- Yes, there is a small processing fee when registering online
If I’m registering with a family member, can I fill out one form?
- No, we require individual entry forms for each participant to make sure we have all the information we need for that participant. We will NOT accept two names on one form.
What’s the age requirement to register for this race?
- No age requirement
Can I have my race packet mailed to me?
- Yes! Registrations made through midnight on Sunday, August 19th can opt for race materials to be mailed out in advance for a $10 fee. You must select this when you register in order to receive your bib and t-shirt through the mail.
Will you send me a confirmation?
- All registrations will receive confirmation via e-mail.
I didn’t receive my confirmation e-mail, how can I make sure I’m registered?
- Please call the Hermes office at 216-623-9933
What do I receive with my registration?
- Men’s or women’s tech shirt
- Finisher Medal
- Post-race food & refreshments
- Age group awards
- Discount coupons & giveaways
- B-tag timing results
I can no longer participate in the race (injury, scheduling conflict, etc.), what are the Hermes refund/transfer policies for the race?
- All entries are non-refundable. Once we’ve received and processed your entry, you will not receive a refund, you may not give or sell your race number to other people, and entry fees are not transferable to the next year’s race or any other race.
- You are able to transfer your entry to another person for a fee of $10. This can be done at any of the packet pick-ups prior to race day. There will be no transfers on race day.
To complete a Transfer, go to your profile on Runsignup and chose either the refund transfer or gift transfer option. Enter in the Transferee’s name and email to send them the transferring registration. Once the transferee completes the registration, the original registrant is removed from the race.
- Refund Transfers: Transferee pays the current price of the registration. The original registrant pays a $10 transfer fee
- Gift Transfer: Transferee’s registration is free. The original registrant pays a $10 transfer fee.
For more information follow: https://runsignup.com/How-To/Transfer-To-Another-Runner
If I’m unable to attend and already registered, can I still get my shirt?
- Yes, you can pick up your shirt at our office the following week – we do not mail shirts unless otherwise stated. Please call the office ahead of time to let us know you are coming at 216-623-9933.
I noticed this event is part of the Road Race Series, do I have to be registered for that to participate?
- No, this race is open to all interested participants. For more information regarding the Road Race Series, please visit the Road Race Series page on our website.
On my registration, I misspelled my name, age, I’ve recently moved, etc. How can I fix this?
- Call the office at 216-623-9933 or e-mail email@example.com
PACKET PICK UP INFORMATION
If I’m pre-registered, do I need to bring identification to packet pick up?
- It is not required but it’s always a good idea to bring it.
Am I required to pick up my race bib and shirt at packet pick up?
- YES you are required. There will be no race day packet pickup.
Can someone else pick up my race bib and shirt?
- Yes, both can be picked up by/for family and friends. It’s always a good idea to bring your confirmation e-mail.
Where can I pick up my race packet?
- At any of the packet pickup locations.
How is this race timed?
- This race is an officially timed event using the disposable B-tag timing system. Timing chips are attached directly to the back of your bib number and are to remain adhered for the duration of the event.
Where can I see my results?
- Results will be posted directly after the race on our website. Locate the race and click the ‘Results’ link or on the home page, go to the Race Results tab. You may need to refresh your browser to view.
When will the results be posted?
- Official results will be posted online at www.riverrunhalf.com by 5:00 p.m. on September 10th.
What do I do if my results are incorrect or missing?
- After the results have been officially posted, please contact Haleigh Bartlett at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Does this race provide any kind of awards?
- Yes, we will have awards for the Top 3 Overall Male and Female runners, and 3-deep Male and Female in the following age groups: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65+
- There will be Finisher Medal for all Half Marathon participants who complete the race.
- There is no formal awards ceremony. You can pick up your award at the awards tent.
I could not pick up my award on race day, how can I get my award?
- You can pick up the awards for 30 days after the race at the Hermes office located at 2425 W. 11th Street, Suite #2 Cleveland, Ohio 44113
- We do NOT mail awards
Where can I park the morning of the race?
Limited parking is available at the Sweetwater Marina, approximately 1.4 miles from Memorial Fields.
*Hermes Sports & Events is not responsible for any parking infractions or tickets*
Do I have to run the race or can I walk instead?
- You may walk the course. We suggest registering for the walk at 7am to give yourself plenty of time to complete the race.
How is the course? Does it have many hills?
- The course for the Half Marathon will be mostly downhill. The starting point at Wallace Lake is at 774 feet above sea level.
For how long will the course be opened?
- The River Run Half Marathon course will stay open until 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 9th. At a 13:45 minute pace or later pace you may be asked to move to the trail at the park rangers’ discretion.
Where is/are the water stop(s)?
- There will be Fluid Stations at the 2.5 mile, 4 mile, 6 mile, 8 mile, 10 mile, and at the 12 mile markers. All fluid stations will have water. Gatorade will be at the following locations as well mile 6, mile 8, mile 10, mile 12.
- Energy gels will also be available at mile 6 and mile 8.
Are there restrooms (portos) along the course?
- We will have several portos at the start and finish lines of the course. We will have portos available on the course at miles 4, 6 and 10.
Where can spectators, friends, and family watch on the course? Can they be at the start or finish areas?
SPECTATOR VIEWING AREA MILES 6, 9, 10, AND 11
NO VIEWING AREAS AT MILES 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, AND 12
NO PARKING IN THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- Rocky River Stables
- Rocky River Nature Center
- Memorial Fields
SPECTATOR PARKING ONLY:
- Parking near Mile 6: Cedar point rd and the Nature Center
- Parking near Mile 9: Mastic Woods Golf Course
- Parking near Mile 10: Big Met Gold Course
- Parking near Mile 11: Little Met Golf Course
Can I wear headphones on the course?
- Yes, you can.
Can I volunteer for the race?
- E-mail email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering for the race.
Is there a bag check?
- Yes, it will be located at the start line of the Half Marathon. Please bring a bag that is clear or the inside is visible and it is marked with your name and general information. BAG CHECK CLOSES AT 7:50AM
May I use a running stroller during the race?
- Running Strollers are not allowed on the course.
- Please call the Hermes office at 216-623-9933 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions asked on social media may not be answered right away.
For more information, call (216) 623-9933 or email email@example.com